The idea of travelling halfway around this world and studying at an international university certainly feels daunting and enticing. More so, because you are on a foreign land amidst cultures you probably do not know.
But, it’s going to change your career prospects. So, there is nothing to be too scared or stressed about.
This will also be a fantastic experience as it will take you out of your comfort zone and expose you to a different world altogether.
Ensure comfortable studying experience with these tips
- Pack the necessary stuff only
Organising the essentials from beforehand and staying calm are the two mantras to follow while you’re travelling across the world.
Consider carefully and prepare things for your journey accordingly. Since individuals have different lifestyles, it’s crucial to pack all the important things without going overboard.
Nonetheless, if you are a heavy traveller, do not falter to check airline policies regarding hand baggage and maximum weight limits. Also, taking small hand baggage is useful to keep some objects within your reach like food, notebook, earphones, etc.
- Organise time effectively during that long UK flight
Long hauling flights are difficult! But, you got to take it to reach your destination.
So, why not organise it wisely so that you don’t go all crazy or cranky when your flight reaches the United Kingdom?
Try doing things like:
- Break your flight time into two or three movies. Since the screens are small with a not-so-high-ended headphone, you will be unable to watch more than three movies.
- Sleeping is the best option to pass flight journey times. However, if you’re not comfortable sleeping in that upright position, use sleep-aids such as eye masks and camomile tea. These will make you appear less drowsy on reaching your destination.
- Chat with those row-mates sitting with you. It can also be a good exercise for your first college day that’s arriving soon.
- Lastly, stay calm when you see there’s nothing else to do to spend your time on that flight. Hum some music in your mind to keep your mind sane.
- Mingle with your college or University peers
Going to an international academic institution gives you the prospect to meet scholars coming from all the corners of the world. Keeping an open mind and listening to alternative opinions or experiences will indefinitely broaden your apprehension of different societies and communities. It will also make you more acquainted every time you meet new people.
It is always easy to socialise with others when you are studying at a college level, and everyone is almost at the same phase of their lives. You can also try talking to people who find it a little difficult to communicate with others. You’ll be giving them the opportunity to enhance their social skills and improve yours as well.
So, make friends and memories of a lifetime in the UK!
- Concentrate well on your studies
Socialising and having fun doesn’t mean you will not concentrate on your college classes. Because that’s your ultimate reason to come to the UK. Studying hard doesn’t imply memorising class notes. Attend lectures, complete assignment within deadlines, and conduct thorough researches for your works. These will consequently prepare you for your semester exams.
Make your abroad study programme a memorable experience and benefit the most from it. You’ll have the brightest future, undoubtedly!